ApCoCoA-1:HowTo:Testing For Releases
- Take the following remarks as a guidance to get started.
- It's mainly an incomplete list of features that have to be tested, if you miss something, add it.
What to test
On Win, Linux 32 and 64, MacOS X:
- Moccha (Standalone, Plugin, Update, WINstaller) + ApCoCoA (Server + BBFServer) + Documentation
- Qt + ApCoCoA (Server + BBFServer) + Documentation
In the week before the release we should test every time, a new candidate is available.
Moccha - Standalone
- Download and unzip latest from here.
- Test GUI features using a new workspace.
- Test using an already existing workspace (one that was created with an older version). Check, that everything there is still there and works.
- GUI functionalities to test:
- Create new Project and files in the project (package, cocoa, interactive).
- Work with the different editor windows: Send cocoa commands using Ctrl+Enter, the corresponding button and the menu entry.
- Start the ApCoCoAServer and execute the ApCoCoA Test Suite:
$apcocoa/ts/aunit.RunTests();You'll find the tests under <library>/apcocoa/ts. See if there are tests covering your functionality. If not, add some tests.
- History functionality in interactive editor window.
- Code completion: see, if your own functions are all present.
- Call the help system and look for some functions, see if your own functions are present, do full text search for your own functions.
- Change the preferences and see if they are applied correctly (server port, userinit, colors,...).
- Start the ApCoCoABBFServer and execute some commands (please note that there is no button in the GUI to start the ApCoCoABBFServer).
Moccha - Plugin
- Download and install some eclipse version from eclipse.org.
- Install the ApCoCoA Plugin from http://www.apcocoa.org/testupdatesite.
- Test some of the GUI functionalities, at least, create a new project, an interactive file, start the server, and execute the Test Suite, check the documentation.
Moccha - Update
- Download and install an old version of Moccha from here.
- Create a project and some files, change some preferences.
- Change the preconfigured update site to http://www.apcocoa.org/testupdatesite
- Update Moccha.
- See if everything works as expected.
- Test some of the GUI functionalities; at least create a new project, an interactive file, start the server, and execute the Test Suite.
- Download and install the Qt distribution from here.
- Start the server and run the Test Suite (compare Moccha - Standalone for further instructions).
- Call CocoaRootPath() and see if it points to the correct directory.
- Call GetPlatformString() and see if it prints your platform.
Please report bugs here.