ApCoCoA-1:HowTo:Install and Work with the Eclipse GUI
This HowTo shows you how to get started with the new Eclipse Graphical User Interface (GUI) for (Ap)CoCoA.
Currently, the new GUI is still in an alpha state, which means there might be annoying bugs or the look and feel will change in the near future with new releases.
If this doesn't frighten you, you are more than welcome to,
- follow the steps below and install the new GUI
- find and report any bugs
- request any feature you miss
- even contribute by developing new features yourself.
- A current Java runtime environment (Java 5 JRE recommended)
- Eclipse If you are new to Eclipse, the variety of different packages to choose may be confusing. However, for using ApCoCoA it does not matter which package you choose and we therefore recommend to choose the smallest one (which currently is the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers)
Installing and Running Eclipse
After you download one of the [http:// Eclipse packages] (e.g. the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers), unpack the downloaded package go to the newly created folder eclipse and start the eclipse executable. That's all.
Installing the Plugin
- Help > Software Updates ... > Tab "Available Software"
- Add Site...
- Enter location http://www.apcocoa.org/updatesite/
- Check Apcocoa GUI
- Accept the license agreement
- Restart Eclipse
Screenshots will follow...
Configure the GUI
- Window > Preferences > ApCoCoA Preferences
- Set paths to the ApCoCoA command line executable and ApCoCoA Server or BBF Server