ApCoCoA-1:HowTo:Compile ApCoCoALib on Windows
- This site is set up to collect all necessary bits and pieces to compile the ApCoCoALib on Windows.
- This description is made for compiling the ApCoCoALib with MSVC 2003/2005.
Before compiling the ApCoCoALib you need to install the following files/libraries:
- CoCoALib: The ApCoCoALib is based on and extends the functionalities of the CoCoALib. You need to compile the CoCoALib prior to the ApCoCoALib.
- Find a description on how to install the CoCoALib on Windows here.
- Blas and Lapack Library: You will need those libraries to enable a few features in the ApCoCoALib. You can either download the full libraries or get a selection of files needed for the ApCoCoALib.
- Download and install the complete libraries via ATLAS.
- A selection of needed files can be found [http:// here]. Download the archive and extract it to your local harddisk. We will refer to these files with the keyword %BLLApath
- Optionally you can install LinBox which can improve the FGLM techniques especially over finite fields and lets you call LinBox functions from within the ApCoCoA GUI.
- HG mercurial: You will need this software to download the latest ApCoCoALib from a repository. The ApCoCoALib is managed with the source control system mercurial. We will refer to TortoiseHG. TortoiseHG will install mercurial on your system and adds a context menu in the MS Explorer providing many of the needed functionalities.
- Intel MKL: You need the Intel MKL installed on your computer.
Get your prefered ApCoCoALib version (stable or developer) from the repo site. A brief instruction using TortoiseHG is:
- Add a folder on your local harddisk for the local repo copy.
- Open the context menu entry TortoiseHG->Clone a repository.
- As the source path copy the selected link from the repo site.
- As the destination path select your created folder.
- Start the download of the ApCoCoALib with the clone button.
Prior to compilation you have to adjust the configuration file. Open the file makefile.vc.conf in the configuration subfolder. Set the %GMPpath by adapting the following two lines: <c> _GMP_INCLUDE=..\..\..\gmp_p4_dll _GMP_LIB=..\..\..\gmp_p4_dll\gmp.lib </c> _GMP_INCLUDE contains the path to your GMP binaries. _GMP_LIB points to the gmp.lib file.
Set the include pathes for the CoCoALib and the Intel MKL in the following lines <c> _INCLUDES=/I $(_GMP_INCLUDE) /I ..\..\include /I ..\..\..\CoCoALib-0.9914\include \
Note: All pathes shown here are relative pathes to the ApCoCoALib folder.
Open a Visual Studio command prompt and change to your local ApCoCoALib folder. Use the nmake command to compile the ApCoCoALib: <c>nmake -f Makefile.vc</c> Will display all available targets. <c>nmake -f Makefile.vc ApCoCoALib</c> Will build the ApCoCoALib.
If you encounter problems check out the forum: ApCoCoA Forum